At Maldonado Bistro we have an extensive and interesting selection of cocktails. While it is certain that we add in the popular roll call, we also try to find concoctions where we can put in a local touch.
Aperol Spritz is such a common favourite. In the heat of summertime everybody loves them. That bitter-sweet touch of the Aperol complimented with some bubbly and fizzy prosecco does wonders. You don’t blame them when it gets hot here in Malta that the spritz starts rolling out.
Inspired by this cocktail we have made our own version but with a local touch. Instead of Aperol we use a local prickly pear liqueur. Instead of prosecco we use a local sparkling wine with the indigenous Maltese Girgentina grape.
Tourists love them. They enjoy a refreshing cocktail with a Maltese twist. After all, isn’t that what they are seeking out for on their visit to our beautiful Maltese islands?
When you are in Gozo, all you need to do is visit us and find out for yourself. Or else dive in and make one yourself. We guarantee that you will get the plaudits at your next poolside party.
- Big Wine Glass
- Jigger Sprit Measure
- 50 ml Prickly Pear Liqueur
- 25 ml Lime Cordial
- Girgentina Frizzante (sparkling wine)
- Soda Water
- Ice Cubes
- Orange (to garnish)
- Mint (to garnish
- First fill half the wine glass with ice cubes and place your orange and mint garnish.
- Add the shot of prickly pear liqueur and lime cordial.
- Fill the wine glass until it is 3/4 full with the Girgentina Frizzanta.
- Finish off by topping off with some soda water.